FPL-WELL Program Overview
FPL-WELL's mission | Stages of development
The FPL-WELL Program is a well-rounded, cost-effective healthy promotion program reaching over 12,000 employees, retirees and their families. The components of the program include:
- awareness and education
- educational seminars
- behavior-change programs and
- a supportive environment.
FPL launched its FPL-WELL Program in 1991 with the following mission statement:
To promote positive health changes that improves customer quality of life.
Stages of development
The FPL-WELL Program developed in stages:
FPL-WELL staff began in 1991 to alter the cultural environment by
- saturating facilities with positive wellness messages
- promoting healthy food options in cafeterias
- promoting exercise and
- weight loss and smoking-cessation incentives.
Starting in 1992, FPL-WELL planned and built 34 facilities ranging in size from 500 to 18,000 square feet at
- Juno Beach
- the Miami General Office
- Plant St. Lucie Nuclear
- Turkey Point Nuclear and
- power plants and service centers.
- fitness facilities housing aerobic, strength-training, flexibility equipment and shower facilities and
- a variety of exercise programs and classes.