FPL offers rate options to help you save electricity
- A contract rate may allow qualified customers to save money by moving to a different rate and agreeing to be charged a minimum demand plus the energy use. Contact a customer service representative to learn more, if you are currently on the GS-1 rate - non-demand rate - and use between 8,000 and 10,000 kWh per month.
- Some customers are charged for demand. Learn more about demand.
- A time-of-use (TOU) rate allows you to lower electric bills without reducing power consumption, as long as you are able to shift electricity use to off-peak times when the demand for electricity is lower. With TOU rates, you pay a lower rate for off-peak use and a higher rate for peak period use. To benefit, you must shift electricity use away from these on-peak hours, Monday through Friday:
TOU rates are available annually or seasonally. Contact us today to see if TOU rates are right for you.
- April 1 to Oct. 31, noon to 9 p.m.
- Nov. 1 to March 31, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.*
* Excludes New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day