FPL works hard to bring you reliable electricity with low bills. The Florida Public Service Commission allows FPL to charge for certain services, which are only applied if you use the service or if you default on a payment. Charges include:
- A service charge of $14.88 is charged to transfer, open or reopen an existing account.
- A field collection charge of $5.11 is charged when a field visit is made and payment is collected on a delinquent account
- A late payment charge of 1.5 percent is charged for unpaid bills as of the past due date. Beginning in January 2013, there will be a $5 minimum late payment charge.
- A reconnect charge of $17.66 is charged for reconnection of service after disconnection for nonpayment.
- A returned payment charge, the greater of $23.24 or 5 percent of the payment amount, is charged for each payment dishonored by the bank from which it is drawn. Beginning in January 2013, the returned payment charge will be: $25.00 for payments of $50.00 or less; $30.00 for payments of $50.01-$300.00; $40 for payments of $300.01-$800.00; 5 percent for payments greater than $800.00.
To see a full list of common charges see our glossary of bill charges.