Electronic Data Interchange
What is EDI?
Why sign up?
- Streamline your billing and payment processes
- Maximize your cash flow, reduce costs and improve data accuracy
- Control payment scheduling
How to set up EDI for billing and payments
- Review the following documents: Implementation Guidelines and FPL’s EDI Information.
- Verify with your company’s technology department to see if this is a process that you are currently using.
- Complete the following forms: Company’s EDI Info and Company’s Contact Info for Payments (820s)
- E-mail us the following information:
Attach a spreadsheet file with the billing account number and address of each account that should be included in the EDI billing file.
- Company name
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Contact e-mail address
- Exchange test files with FPL.
- Start receiving billing information and make payments via EDI for the accounts indicated.
- Stop receiving paper bills in the mail one month after accounts are set up on EDI. Paper bills will be sent only when the first EDI 810 is sent for each account.
E-mail FPL's EDI Department or contact your account representative for more information. Please include your name, company name and phone number in any e-mail requests.