Ways to Save
Restaurant AC, Lighting and Refrigeration
FPL employees keep track of technologies and programs that can benefit your business
You create delicious food. We create the energy that keeps your restaurant running. FPL can help you save on your electricity costs. Learn more about energy reduction programs and costs saving tips.
- For Florida restaurants, air conditioning costs are typically the largest part of the energy bill. Upgrading your old system to a newer, more efficient cooling system can help offset these costs and lower your electric bill:
- FPL's Direct Expansion (DX) Air Conditioning program rewards your commitment to trimming cooling costs through incentives on installation costs and incentives on electronically alternating motors.
- By adjusting your building's ventilation based on occupancy, FPL's Demand Control Ventilation Program helps your air conditioner operate more efficiently, resulting in lower maintenance costs, a longer life for your system and lower carbon emissions.
- Lighting accounts for more than 13 percent of most restaurant's consumption, but replacing your current lighting systems with energy efficient lamps can result in significant savings. With FPL's Business Lighting Program, your business can recover between 65 cents and $4 for each linear fluorescent light it replaces with energy efficient lamps. Plus, since energy efficient lighting is less costly to operate and improves light quality.
- With simple improvements to your refrigeration units, your business can save money while enhancing operations. By installing energy saving devices such as anti-sweat heater controls and hot gas reclaim technologies your restaurant will reduce electricity usage. Small steps like these can save you up to 50 percent on refrigeration costs, help the environment and improve your bottom line.