New Electric Service
FPL's Electric Service
Standards | Electrical inspections
FPL strives to supply our customers needs for electric service
as efficiently, reliably, and economically as possible. Close coordination
between FPL, the builder and the customer is necessary throughout
the planning and construction stages.
FPL's Electric Service Standards
Electric Service Standards (542kb .pdf file) are available online
for your convenience. They are intended to furnish information often
required by builders, electricians, customers, etc about to receive
FPL's electric service.
So, if you're
- looking for FPL to provide new electric service or
- an electrician looking for some time saving hints, check
This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't already have
An electrical inspection may be required by law before electricity
can be turned on for the following
- a newly constructed home or business
- a newly-wired home or business or
- a home or business that has been vacant for awhile.
Your electrician or building contractor can verify that an inspection
by the city or county
- has been done and
- that FPL has been notified.
FPL cannot arrange for an electrical inspection.