FPL’s Stages of Construction
FPL welcomes the opportunity to work with you on your next project. To ensure the success of your project, we want to involve you in our process from beginning to end. Learn more about our construction process by selecting one of the stages below.
- Initiation and Planning – Contact FPL and provide the appropriate information to facilitate the design of your project.
- Design – Meet with FPL to discuss the design of your project.
- Approval and Scheduling – Finalize contracts, agreements and other project requirements.
- Construction – Work with FPL during the construction of your project.
- Completion – Begin electric service for your project and provide feedback.
We will make every effort to meet your electrical service time frame. Please contact us as early as possible to begin the construction process. It will take approximately 8 to 12 weeks to get your project ready for construction. Once FPL receives your final plans, the construction stage can last up to 12 months or more based on the size and scope of your project.
For general construction questions, contact your local FPL Construction Office (link to Service Center locator). If you are not sure within which boundaries your project falls, contact our Specialty Group via email or call 1-800-FPL-4FPL (1-800-375-4375).