Only qualified products may participate in the Building Envelope and Business Efficient Lighting incentive programs. Technical requirements for each program are established in the Program Standards, but have been summarized below for your convenience and reference purposes only.
FPL reviews products to determine whether individual products meet or exceed Program Standards and technical specifications, prior to being eligible for incentives. At the time of project submission for pre-qualification, the Participating Independent Contractor (PIC)* will submit the proposed incentive certificate along with the product information to the appropriate Residential or Business Program Specialist.
1. Reflective roof measures, for both Residential and Business Building Envelope, must be either Energy Star compliant or listed** by the Cool Roof Rating Council and increase the solar reflectance of the roof to a minimum of 73 percent for tile, coatings and membranes, and 65 percent for metal.
2. Business Insulation: have thermal properties and performance characteristics independently tested** using ASHRAE, ASTM, SPFA.
3. Business Window Treatment: have performance characteristics independently tested** using AIMCAL, ASTM, IWFA, NFRCA.
Business Efficient Lighting
- Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.) listed or listed by another nationally recognized testing organization**
- High Performance T8 lamps must be listed at Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE)**
- Power quality requirements (power factor “P.F.”, and total harmonic distortion “THD”):
|Compact Fluorescent Lamps (Electronic Ballast)
|Other Fluorescent Ballasts
|Other Lighting Products
- All specular reflectors and polarized panels must meet the following photometric requirements for equivalent center-to-center spacing to mounting height (S/MH) ratio and fixture efficiency (EFF):
|2’ x 4’ Luminaires
|1’ x 4’ Luminaires
|2’ x 2’ Luminaires
Questions on qualifying products may be directed to DSM_Qualifying_Product@fpl.com.
*The list of participating independent contractors (PICs) is a compilation of businesses that have agreed to comply with FPL's Program Standards, and is not a recommendation by FPL of a particular independent contractor. The decision to select, hire and the management of the participating independent contractor is the sole responsibility of the FPL customer. THE PIC IS NOT AN AGENT OF, OR JOINT VENTURER WITH, AND IS NOT EMPLOYED BY, AND DOES NOT WORK FOR, FPL; AS SUCH, THE PICS ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OR SUPERVISION OF FPL BUT RATHER ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. FPL DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR PROMISE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE AMOUNT OF ENERGY SAVINGS TO BE ACHIEVED, THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS TO BE INSTALLED BY, OR THE WORKMANSHIP OF THE PARTICIPATING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR SELECTED AND HIRED BY THE FPL CUSTOMER.
** Although FPL may use external ratings or testing to support product qualification, all products must ultimately satisfy all requirements set forth in the applicable Program Standards to qualify for an incentive. EXTERNAL RATINGS AND LISTINGS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AND ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OR SUPERVISION OF FPL. FPL MAKES NO GUARANTEE THAT A PRODUCT RATED BY AN EXTERNAL AGENCY WILL BE APPROVED FOR USE IN A PARTICULAR PROGRAM. SUBJECT TO THE PROGRAM STANDARDS FOR EACH PROGRAM, FPL RESERVES ITS RIGHT TO APPROVE OR REJECT ANY PRODUCT FOR A GIVEN PROGRAM, IN FPL’S SOLE DISCRETION, AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PIC TO VERIFY A PARTICULAR PRODUCT IS APPROVED BY FPL FOR THE APPLICABLE PROGRAM PRIOR TO EACH INSTALLATION OR APPLICATION UNDER THE PROGRAMS.
*** Measurement for whole lighting fixture (lamps, luminaire, ballast, and add-on product).