How You Can Help the Southern Bald Eagle
The following list contains things that you can do to promote the
recovery of the bald eagle.
- Drive slowly, especially on rural roads, and watch out for
wildlife crossing the road or feeding on road kills.
- If you find an injured or dead eagle, contact
- the Audubon of Florida Center for Birds of Prey at 1-407-644-0190
- the nearest Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Wildlife Alert at 1-888-404-3922.
- Be aware of wildlife while hiking, camping and fishing.
- Do not leave trash or discard fishing line since they may tangle
and harm eagles and other animals.
- Become informed about environmental issues. Join a conservation
group and let your public officials know that the conservation
of wildlife is important to you. Through your actions and concern,
you can ensure a future for Florida's bald eagles.
For additional information on bald eagle resources, see
Southern Bald Eagle Resources.