Seabrook's Science & Nature Center
Much of Seabrook Station's community activities focus on education. Our Science & Nature Center is a well-known destination for schools, civic groups, and anyone who is interested in learning about nuclear energy and the thriving ecosystem that surrounds the plant. The center is especially popular as a destination for local school field trips, offering:
- Hands-on classroom programs for middle- and high-school students on nuclear energy and electricity
- A variety of educational displays
- A marine touch pool where visitors can see and hold marine life, and
- A nature trail featuring a boardwalk almost a mile long that winds throughout the plant's woods and marshland area.
Hours of operation
The Science & Nature Center and Owascoag Nature Trail are open to the public Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, please call 1-800-338-7482.
The center is conveniently located off Route 1, about two miles inland from the beaches of New Hampshire's Seacoast, at the Seabrook Station. Learn how to get to the center by visiting our directions.
General public admission
Admission is always free. Tours of the center and the Owascoag Nature Trail are typically self-guided and last about one hour. Please be aware that the possession of alcohol, firearms or explosives while on the Seabrook site is not permitted.
Pets are allowed on site but they must remain in your vehicle.
If you are a teacher or professional organization interested in booking a guided tour, please call:
- Local: 603-773-7219
- Toll-free: 1-800-338-7482