New Online Business Energy Evaluation (OBEE) provides energy saving solutions tailored to small business’ needs
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Savvy business owners know that operating costs can have a big impact on profit margins. Thanks to a new online tool, Florida Power & Light is paving the way for small businesses to better manage their electricity usage and save money – all in a fast, convenient online format that is available at no charge, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As part of the launch, FPL has created a sweepstakes, whereby all customers who complete an OBEE by September 30, 2007, will be eligible to enter into a drawing to win $5,000.
OBEE is designed for small businesses with FPL bills that are based on a rate called “general service non-demand.” (Businesses can find this information on their FPL bills). According to FPL, a businessperson can take a quick 5-minute survey or a more detailed energy evaluation that can be completed in less than half an hour. (See OBEE Benefits Summary below.)
The analysis considers the type of business, its specific equipment and appliance needs, and even Florida’s weather conditions. When the evaluation is done, business owners are provided specific energy saving recommendations, and where appropriate, ways to take advantage of FPL savings and rebate programs.
“For a small business with limited resources, time is of the essence,” said Marlene Santos, FPL vice president, customer service. “The OBEE is a great way for our business customers to incorporate wise energy practices into their daily operations, which can help boost the bottom line.”
Another bonus for busy business owners is the fact that once they take the OBEE, the energy analysis and results are automatically saved on the www.FPL.com website. This makes future updates quick and easy if a business makes operational changes, such as upgrading the air conditioning system or changing business hours. Along with the recommendations, a detailed printable report includes charts and graphs that depict energy usage.
According to Santos, “This evaluation tool can be a critical first step toward fully accessing the breadth of what FPL has to offer in energy- and money-saving solutions.”
FPL encourages owners of small businesses to go online and take the Online Business Energy Evaluation, which can be accessed at www.FPL.com/OBEE.
FPL also offers a free on-site Business Energy Evaluation to businesses of all sizes. To schedule an on-site evaluation, call 1-800-FPL-5566. Getting an evaluation is the first step to accessing FPL’s array of energy-saving solutions for businesses.
OBEE Benefits Summary:
- Personalized energy saving analysis with recommendations specific to energy usage and billing history, business profile, building type and equipment data, industry data, time of year and weather conditions.
- Printable report with detailed results and recommendations, including charts and graphs that visually depict where a specific business’ energy dollars are going, whether it’s lighting, refrigeration, cooling, or others.
- Specific ways to save with energy saving tips, low-cost or no-cost recommendations, including spelling out which improvements would have the greatest overall impact on the bill and which projects would have the quickest payback.
- Information on FPL rebate programs that can help pay for energy efficient upgrades for qualifying customers, as well as links to lists of FPL participating contractors.
- A scale comparing a business’ energy efficiency performance against other similar businesses in the area.
- Ability to save and access the results any time. This makes future updates quick and easy if a business makes operational changes over time, such as upgrading the air conditioning system or changing business hours.
Florida Power & Light Company is the principal subsidiary of FPL Group, Inc. (NYSE: FPL), nationally known as a high quality, efficient and customer-driven organization focused on energy-related products and services. With annual revenues of nearly $16 billion and a growing presence in 26 states, FPL Group is widely recognized as one of the country's premier power companies. Florida Power & Light Company serves 4.4 million customer accounts in Florida. FPL Energy, LLC, FPL Group's competitive energy subsidiary is a leader in producing electricity from clean and renewable fuels. Additional information is available on the Internet at www.FPL.com, www.FPLGroup.com, and www.FPLEnergy.com.