Follow these steps to participate in the program:
- Review FPL's Net Metering Guidelines to help you achieve a system that best suits your needs.
- Complete the net metering application and the tier 1 interconnection agreement. Both documents must match the name on the FPL account. The interconnection agreement must be signed by the account holder. (Important Note: To complete the application and agreement, first save them to your computer. Then open them in Adobe Reader, complete the form fields and save.)
- Provide a completed IRS form W-9.
- Once construction is complete, have your system inspected by the local authority that has jurisdiction and submit a copy of the final permit showing the system approved and signed off.
- FPL will send you an email acknowledgement upon receipt of the documents listed above.
- Once all the documentation has been received and approved, FPL will send you an email that a bi-directional meter has been requested and will be changed within 30 days. Do not begin parallel operation until your bi-directional meter is installed.
Paperwork may be submitted to FPL by:
Email - Scan and email to Netmetering@fpl.com
Mail - send to:
FPL NET METERING
14250 SW 112 ST
MIAMI, FL 33186
FAX - 305-552-2275