Follow these steps to participate in the program:
- Review FPL's Net Metering Guidelines to help you achieve a system that best suits your needs.
- Complete the net metering application and the tier 2 interconnection agreement. Both documents must mat ch the name on the FPL account. The interconnection agreement must be signed by the account holder. (Important Note: To complete the application and agreement, first save them to your computer. Then open them in Adobe Reader, complete the form fields and save.)
- Provide a completed IRS form W-9 .
- Once we receive the net metering application an invoice will be sent to you for the $400 application fee. When the invoice is received please send a check to the “FPL General Mail facility” address listed on the invoice and include a copy of the original invoice.
- Documentation showing proof of insurance per the interconnection agreement section 11; please verify the location address is listed on the Insurance certificate.
- An electrical one-line diagram and specification sheets for the inverter, renewable energy source and other installed equipment, such as PV panels. For non-inverter based renewable energy systems, the drawing must include the electrical and physical location of the visual manual load break disconnect switch, kVA rating, power factor, and the customer's estimated fault current contribution at the point of interconnection.
- Once construction is complete, have your system inspected by the local authority that has jurisdiction and submit a copy of the final permit showing the system approved and signed off.
- FPL will send you an email acknowledgement upon receipt of the documents listed above.
- Once all the documentation has been received and approved, FPL will send you an email that a bi-directional meter has been requested and will be changed within 30 days. Do not begin parallel operation until your bi-directional meter is installed.
Paperwork may be submitted to FPL by:
Email - scan and email to Netmetering@fpl.com
Mail - send to:
FPL NET METERING
14250 SW 112 ST
MIAMI FL, 33186
FAX - 305-552-2275