Permanent electric service
You work hard to build new homes and neighborhoods in our communities. That’s why we work hard to make it easy for you to order electric service, check the status of your job and find the information you need to get electric service for your project. We’re here every step of the way.
- Initiation and Planning – Planning a new project can take a few months, so please contact us as early as possible to ensure timely electric service for a new home or building. Be sure to provide information such as the square footage, desired voltage and main panel size to get your project started.
- Design – Meet with an FPL engineer to design your project. For complex projects, we may need to visit the site.
- Approval and scheduling – Sign off on the design, agreements and other project requirements to keep your project on track. Make sure your site is ready for FPL to begin construction, with these site-ready checklists.
New electric service, including new poles and wires.
New electric service, including meter and equipment for overhead service.
New electric service, including meter and equipment for underground service.
- Construction – We’ll work to install the equipment necessary to deliver power to your home or building.
- Completion – When construction is complete, you’ll be ready to open an electric service account. Your power will be connected once the necessary inspection is completed and received from the inspecting authority. Complete the online form below, or call us at 1-800-226-3545.
Ready to get started? Find your local FPL Project Manager.
Temporary electric service
If you need electric service for a limited time, such as for construction or an exhibit, submit a request for temporary electric service.