Seal in your savings with duct system repairs
Leaky ducts can cause your electric bill to increase. When your cooling and heating duct system has leaks or holes in it, air is allowed to escape into the attic, which ends up wasting energy and costing you money. In fact, 50 percent of all homes have leaky ducts.
FPL representatives can visit your home and test your duct system. If repairs are needed, you might be entitled to an FPL rebate.
Schedule your home energy survey duct test online today or call 1-800-DIAL-FPL (1-800-342-5375).
- Pay just $30 for the first central air conditioning system inspected and $15 for each additional air handler if your home is a single-family detached home.
- You'll get a detailed repair report along with a list of Participating Independent Contractors (PICs) who are qualified to make required repairs
Rebates for duct system repair
FPL also provides incentives to help cover the cost of repairs.
- Receive up to $154 per central A/C system for single-family detached homes.
- Receive $60 for multi-family, single-family attached homes, manufactured, and mobile homes. For these home types, there is no test fee.
What are the qualifications?
- Residential customer with an active FPL residential account for at least one year.
- Single-family and multi-family homes that have the duct system accessible.
- Multi-family homes with chimneys and gas appliances must have a firewall between homes.
- Home must be served by an electric air conditioning duct system.
- Premise must not have had a duct test performed or a duct rebate redeemed within the last 12 months.
- Duct testers must be able to perform a combustion appliance safety test for all dwellings with a combustion appliance and notify customer of any deficiencies that are identified.
- The home will qualify for a duct system repair rebate only for those repair recommendations made through an FPL duct system test.