Are you replacing your roof?
If you are replacing your roof, now is the time to consider how an energy-efficient roof can help you save money on your electric bill. A reflective roof is the most energy efficient because it keeps unwanted heat out of your home, which makes it easier for your air conditioner to keep your home cool.
We pay an incentive for installing reflective roofing material. Here's what you need to do:
- Schedule an appointment with a Participating Independent Contractor (PIC)* of your choice and they will walk you through the process.
- Make sure the reflective roofing materials comply with ENERGY STAR® standards or the Cool Roof Rating Council's standards.
- Use qualifying materials. These include light-colored cement, ceramic tile, or metal roofs.
Save Two Ways with a Reflective Roof
- A new reflective roof that fulfills the requirements qualifies for an FPL incentive of $325.
- The annual energy savings would be approximately $200 based on energy costs of 12 cents/kilowatt hour.
*The list of participating independent contractors (PICs) is a compilation of businesses that have agreed to comply with FPL's Program Standards, and is not a recommendation by FPL of a particular independent contractor. The decision to select, hire and the management of the participating independent contractor is the sole responsibility of the FPL customer. THE PIC IS NOT AN AGENT OF, OR JOINT VENTURER WITH, AND IS NOT EMPLOYED BY, AND DOES NOT WORK FOR, FPL; AS SUCH, THE PICS ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OR SUPERVISION OF FPL BUT RATHER ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. FPL DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR PROMISE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE AMOUNT OF ENERGY SAVINGS TO BE ACHIEVED, THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS TO BE INSTALLED BY, OR THE WORKMANSHIP OF THE PARTICIPATING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR SELECTED AND HIRED BY THE FPL CUSTOMER.