- FPL SolarTogether, is a voluntary community solar program that will give all FPL customers, whether you own or rent your home or business premises, an opportunity to participate directly in the benefits solar energy while receiving bill credits on your monthly FPL bill for savings generated.
- The program was filed with the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) in March 2019. If approved, we anticipate offering enrollment later this year.
FPL is committed to advancing the use of clean solar energy in Florida. This program is a next-generation solar option for customers designed to offer flexibility, convenience and the opportunity to directly support the expansion of solar energy in Florida while receiving credits that are expected to reduce their monthly bills over time.
- Participants will not see a line item on their bill until after the solar energy centers dedicated to this program are operational for one full calendar month.
- We expect the earliest you would be billed for your subscription is the first quarter of 2020.
With my participation, will the solar energy produced through the program be delivered directly to my residence or business?
No, the power generated through the FPL SolarTogether program is delivered directly to the energy grid, where it is combined with power generated from conventional energy sources in FPL’s system.
- After your first billing cycle in the program, you can unsubscribe at any time. However, you will not be able to re-enroll for a 12-month period and are subject to subscription availability.
- You may also elect to reduce or cancel your subscription following your first billing cycle.
- FPL will build and operate new and dedicated universal solar energy centers for this program throughout the FPL service territory.
- FPL SolarTogether will significantly expand solar energy in Florida. Pending PSC approval, FPL plans to install new universal solar at 20 new solar power plants over the next two years to meet anticipated customer enrollment.
- FPL SolarTogether and FPL SolarNow are two distinct programs. FPL SolarNow is a voluntary program that enables participating customers to support the installation of small solar arrays in local communities, such as parks, zoos and museums, and further the education of solar generation.
- FPL SolarTogether is a new voluntary solar program that gives all FPL customers an alternate option to participate in solar energy, while earning bill credits that offset your energy use and help reduce your bills.
- FPL supports private solar, and we continue to work with our customers who choose private solar and their installers to help ensure the safe interconnection of their systems.
- The FPL SolarTogether program offers customers a solar option that is flexible and convenient. Customers will not be bound to a long-term contract, financing, equipment or termination fees. Your subscription is also transferable if you move within FPL’s service territory.
- We are optimistic that the PSC will see the same value in the FPL SolarTogether program as do many of our customers.
- You can sign up at www.fpl.com/solartogether to get updates on the program and the timeline for its approval and next steps.