Is your business spending more than it should on lighting? Interior lighting accounts for more than 25 percent of a business's energy consumption. Replacing your current lighting systems with energy efficient lamps can result in significant savings.
FPL works with you to maximize your savings by helping you choose the lighting system that's right for your business. With FPL's Business Lighting Program, your business can get back rebates starting at 50 cents per lamp for each qualifying system. And since energy efficient lighting is less costly to operate, you'll save even more on your electric bill.
Start saving today
- Follow these simple steps to start saving with FPL's Lighting program:
- Pick a qualifying energy efficient lighting system
- Request pre-approval by FPL before installing a new energy-efficient lighting system
- Once pre-approved by FPL, customers will need to do the following:
- Use a licensed contractor to install the lighting system
- After installation has been completed, email the customer signed rebate to Lighting-Rebates@FPL.com
Understanding lighting standards
In 2012, the manufacturing of traditional incandescent light bulbs changed:
- Traditional 100-watt bulbs were no longer manufactured as of Jan. 1, 2012
- Traditional 75-watt bulbs were no longer manufactured as of Jan. 1, 2013
- Traditional 60- and 40-watt bulbs were no longer manufactured as of Jan. 1, 2014
- First generation T8 lamps were no longer manufactured as of July 14, 2014
A new fluorescent lamp standard eliminated most T12 lamps and the lowest performing T8s. You can save up to 25 percent on your lighting expenses each year by using more efficient options. For example, an average business customer could save more than $300** annually by retrofitting older T12 fluorescent light fixtures with high-performance T8 lamps with electronic ballast. Visit the Department of Energy for more information on lighting standards.
** $332 per year, attributed to an average business customer retrofitting twenty 3-lamp fluorescent fixtures from T12 lamps to high performance T8 lamps with electronic ballast, with lights operating 3,869 hours per year and $0.10 per kWh
Business Efficient Lighting Incentive Certificate Spreadsheet
This spreadsheet is provided as a tool to assist in completing the Business Efficient Lighting Rebate Certificate. The Excel-based spreadsheet provides the lighting product codes and calculations necessary to complete the certificate.
Download: FPL's Business Efficient Lighting Rebate Certificate Spreadsheet (XLS)
License: You may not incorporate this Excel file into any other software or make changes to the file format without written approval from FPL. You may not sub-license this file to any third party entity. This Excel file is provided for your use as an aid to you. You may download and copy to other computers, if needed.