We’re prepared for storm season and urge our customers to prepare as well. Keep your family safe with a plan that includes evacuation routes, special medical needs, important phone numbers and supplies. The tips below will help you get started. For even more information, download and print our guide to help you and your family prepare.
- Review your emergency plan with your family.
- In case of evacuation, you and anyone you know with special needs should contact your local emergency management office.
- Know your home’s vulnerability to storm surge, high winds and flooding.
- Update the phone number and email address on your FPL account.
- Before storm season begins, have your trees properly trimmed to minimize their impact on your home and neighborhood.
Before the storm hits
- Pay attention to instructions from public officials and the media.
- Gather important documents including insurance policies, health cards, list of medications, birth certificates, list of important phone numbers and your FPL account number - and put them in a waterproof container.
- Prepare food, water and supplies.
- Secure and prepare your home.