Is your business spending more than it should on lighting? Interior lighting accounts for more than 25 percent of a business' energy consumption. Replacing your current lighting systems with energy efficient lamps can result in significant savings.
FPL works with you to maximize your savings by helping you choose the lighting system that's right for your business. With FPL's Business Lighting Program, your business can get back between 65 cents and $4 for each linear fluorescent light it replaces with energy efficient lamps. And since energy efficient lighting is less costly to operate, you'll save even more on your electric bill.
A Case Study: Lighting Savings in Action
- Business: Athletic club in Sarasota, Florida
- Size: 23,000 square feet
- Improvement: Replaced 131 fluorescent fixtures with more efficient T8 fluorescent fixtures with electronic ballasts
- Incentive: Received a $294 FPL incentive
- Result: Decreased energy consumption by 26 percent, resulting in yearly savings of $5,387
Start Saving Today
Follow these simple steps to start saving with FPL's Lighting program:
Lighting Approved Products
This database contains the products that are on the "FPL Approved Product List" and are the only lighting products that qualify for savings.
Understanding New 2012 Lighting Standards
Starting in 2012, the manufacturing of standard incandescent light bulbs will change.
- 100-watt bulbs will no longer be manufactured starting January 1, 2012
- 75-watt bulbs will no longer be manufactured starting January 1, 2013
- 60- and 40-watt bulbs will no longer be manufactured starting January 1, 2014
A new fluorescent lamp standard will eliminate most T12 lamps and the lowest performing T8s. For common four-foot linear fluorescent lamps, the standard calls for an efficacy of at least 89 lumens per watt (lpw). High-performance T8s (sometimes called super T8s). Visit the Department of Energy for more information on lighting standards.