Adding insulation increases energy efficiency
Adding insulation to your home can reduce heating and cooling costs. Homes built after 1982 are required to have R-19 insulation. However, if your home was built before 1982, you may benefit from adding insulation. Installing additional insulation:
- Keeps unwanted heat out
- Reduces the workload of your cooling system
- Can result in additional savings on your electric bill
Don’t know what type of insulation you have? Don’t worry, our Energy Experts can help when you schedule a free Home Energy Analysis.
Requirements to qualify
- The home must be built before 1982 in order to qualify. Homes built in 1982 or later will not qualify.
- Your home’s insulation must have a current R-value of less than R-8 to receive a rebate
- Each home may qualify for an insulation rebate once every 20 years
- Provide access to all attic spaces in order for FPL to determine rebate eligibility.
How to earn rebates
- Sign up for a free FPL Home Energy Analysis by calling 1-800-DIAL-FPL (1-800-342-5375) and an Energy Expert will visit your home to determine if you qualify for an insulation rebate.
- If your home qualifies, we will issue you a rebate certificate worth up to $190.
- To redeem your rebate, a Participating Independent Contractor (PIC)* must install your new insulation
- The PIC will deduct the rebate amount from your final invoice
*The list of participating independent contractors (PICs) is a compilation of businesses that have agreed to comply with FPL's Program Standards, and is not a recommendation by FPL of a particular independent contractor. The decision to select, hire and the management of the participating independent contractor is the sole responsibility of the FPL customer. THE PIC IS NOT AN AGENT OF, OR JOINT VENTURER WITH, AND IS NOT EMPLOYED BY, AND DOES NOT WORK FOR, FPL; AS SUCH, THE PICS ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OR SUPERVISION OF FPL BUT RATHER ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. FPL DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR PROMISE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE AMOUNT OF ENERGY SAVINGS TO BE ACHIEVED, THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS TO BE INSTALLED BY, OR THE WORKMANSHIP OF THE PARTICIPATING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR SELECTED AND HIRED BY THE FPL CUSTOMER.