FPL Friendly Reminder is a free program that provides you with a duplicate notice before power is shut off for non-payment. The duplicate notice can be sent to your designated third party or to your service address when you use a different mailing address. Provide some basic contact information and confirm your information.
How it works
- You designate a third party who agrees to receive a duplicate final notice on your behalf (relative, friend, neighbor, caregiver, etc.).
- The person you designate will be mailed a copy of any final notices to your account before power is shut off for non-payment. You can ask them to:
- Ensure that you receive and understand the final notice
- Contact you if you are out of town so you can settle the matter
- The person you designate is not responsible for paying the bill. You have five working days from the date of the final notice to make the payment.
- You are responsible for notifying FPL if your address or your third party's address has changed. If you are a seasonal resident and suspend or close your account for any reason, you will need to re-enroll in this program.
- You can also choose to have the duplicate final notice sent to your service address if you use a different mailing address. This may be helpful if you are a seasonal customer.
How to enroll
- Complete the FPL Friendly Reminder form.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been completed.
Did you know?
You can also enroll in FPL Automatic Bill Pay® and never miss another payment again.